Saturday, September 28, 2013

Milford Cemetery

Good evening, everyone!

This week took me to Milford's Cherry Street Cemetery.  When I first arrived I was disappointed because there weren't many statues, but I think the shoot turned out pretty good.  I got some close ups but also left some of the landscape in a few pictures. I think it's nice to see some surrounding trees.
Loved this shot. The lighting is a bit strong, but it's still one of my favorites.


Tomb

This one reminded me of a lighthouse.


Loved this piece. Father & Mother; side by side <3



This tombstone looked as if it were once vertical and was knocked down and now it has become a part of the earth.

Thought this one was poignant!

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to tell us in list form all of the cemetery's you visited and where. As a general rule, earlier cemeteries tend to have more Protestants who pretty much reject religious statuary and tend to be simpler. The great new wave of immigrants starting in the mid 19th century brought a wave of Catholics and their love of religious statuary.

    I'm thinking of Italians especially but also the Irish and French... I love the series and the work you are doing for it... I'll show your work to my day students today in Photo class to inspire them!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your feedback, Professor! I am really enjoying this series :) It's funny because I have a very hard time with death, so it's nice to try and break out of my own personal feelings and appreciate the lives of those who have passed on.

    The cemeteries I have visited thus far are:

    Oak Grove in West Haven
    St. Lawrenece in West Haven (twice)
    Grove Steet Cemetery in New Haven
    Cherry St Cemetery in Milford

    ReplyDelete