Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Week 2...getting started :)

Good evening, class!

I went out this past weekend and started shooting.  Although the weather wasn't great for light/shadow, I think I got some pretty neat pictures.  Please leave your comments as I would love feedback!

When I spotted this tomb, I was blown away. I love everything about it. The metal gate, foliage climbing the walls, and how it's sunken into the earth <3

This is your typical cemetary statue.

This one is my favorite by far. I love the expression in this piece.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela,

    The key here is getting in close and not showing the whole sculpture... that's why we like the bottom one best... On your next outing, you can try to move in closer yet... try to fill the frame with just the face, or hand or foot... you will see how expressive that can be. Also the best light for this subject is cloudy weather as direct sunlight on stone can be way too contrasty and out of the range of your camera's ability to capture both the highlight and the shadow... that results in "blown out" areas.

    ReplyDelete