Sunday, September 8, 2013

Second post for week 2

Good evening class...I went shooting on Thursday (before I read the Professor's comments on my first post) so I thought I would share a few more photos of what I took. I changed it up by using black and white, and I think it gives the pieces that extra bit of curiosity.  I will be posting these and a few more on fotothing....Abpascale
Loved the angle of this one.

Angel

Here is a hand holding flowers.

This one struck me as very sad.

Close up of woman with a crucifix.

This one is so raw. For anyone who has lost someone important, we can relate.
 
Have a great night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Super Angela... When you click on an image they blow up to fill the screen... these need to be seen large. Keeping them all B and W is a very good thing to do... they are more powerful that way.

    What cemetery are you working in?

    One of the tricky things is how to handle the sky. When the sky is pure white and "blown out" it detracts from the power of the image... yet how can we control that? So much depends on how much light your subject has on it relative to the sky. If you squint at the subject you can usually tell.. Does the subject go dark relative to the sky? ...or does it come forward lighter than or equal to the sky? Another technique is to take an exposure for the sky and one for the subject then combine the two using Photoshop...there is an automate setting "File>automate>merge to HDR" that does it for you automatically. HDR means High Dynamic Range...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, Professor. My first set of photos were from Oak Grove Cemetery in WH. The second round (and the ones I'm posting for this week) are from Saint Lawrence Cemetery (also WH). St. Lawrence is so large that I could probably to there a few more times and still get fresh shots. I do plan on googling different cemeteries though.

    I understand what you are saying about the bright sky in the background, but I'm not sure what you mean by HDR. I am currently using Picasa 3 to upload my photos and as my editor. Do you know if Picasa offers this type of tool?

    ReplyDelete