Saturday, September 28, 2013

Second post

Instead of bombarding you all with tons of shots in one blog like last week, I thought I would break it up into two.  I think I saved the best pictures for this one. As I said in my other blog, I was getting a bit down because the cemetery wasn't as great as the one I visited last week in New Haven.  Then, I stumbled along this....



This is enclosed in what appears to be plexiglass.

So real and deep


These statues were around each corner of the kneeling woman.





Truth be told, I may have nightmares about this one :/




I loved this stone nestled between the two trees.

The contrast here is perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful find! The one that gives you nightmares is very strong.. I am interested in how the sculptures break down in time as they are outdoors and often times are cast in concrete... they naturally decay and join the people they watch over in the end. The kneeling woman and the 4 works around her are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are by far my favorite. I love the kneeling woman. Great job!

    ReplyDelete