Monday, September 23, 2013

Religion in Color









This week I went to St. Mary's Church in downtown New Haven on Hillhouse Ave. This church was one of the most beautiful churches I have seen. I had the privilege of going inside and taking photos. I love color which is a common theme for my pictures so being up close to all the stained glass was awesome.  These are some of my favorite photos to date. Others from this day can  be seen on my fotothing page. I tried to stay away from too much editing. I found out that with the proper light and distance you don't need to do much. The light coming in through the stained glass was perfect. All I had to do was a little cropping. Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. You are right... shooting stained glass requires little to no editing... that has already been done by the very nature of the medium... Do go back to St. Mary's to shoot the interior, particularly the ceiling... isolate interesting light, design and angles looking up.

    Keep them coming.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, I love your photos this week! My favorites are the stained glass with the void of background. It makes them really stand out. Great work!

    ReplyDelete