Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week 4

Hi Class-

This week I visited Grove Street Cemetary in New Haven.  It was beautiful. I took some of the professors suggestions about using a poster board to block out some background; although a lot of the statues are so high, it was impossible.  Also, the poster board I purchased was a bit too small so it only worked on some of the smaller figures.  Sorry I've added so many shots, but it's very hard to choose your favorites.  Here are only 19 out of the 60 I took this week.  I hope you like them as much as I do :)



















4 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,
    I like the black and white photos it seems fitting for your subjects. I also agree that it is difficult to choose only a few photos to show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful... each week they get stronger and stronger... I'm thinking of perhaps dropping the fotothing aspect to posting pictures and to just put them here on the blog...

    It's been a few years since I last visited Grove Street Cemetery... I should go back with my day students... they would love it...

    Interesting that you included the names of Emily and George from 1810... it transcends the literalness and is lovely for the light that is working in it... You are definitely taking control and seeing more clearly... good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Professor! I am in agreement with dropping the fotothing. I will continue to upload here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great... Next time I offer this class it will be blog only then.. :)

    ReplyDelete